Michel Pinget is a key opinion leader recognized in the field of diabetes. Thanks to his recognized scientific and clinical experience in diabetes, he brings a new perspective on the development of innovative physiological treatments.
- Now, professor emeritus at the University of Strasbourg and president of the CeeD, he was university professor (1984-2016), head of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolic diseases at the university hospital of Strasbourg (1996-2013) and head of diabetes, endocrinology and nutrition at the hospital center of Mulhouse (2013-2016)
- As the founder of the CeeD in 1991, he supervised the development of the MailPan® bioartificial pancreas from the beginning
- He was one of the pioneers of the implantation of implantable insulin pumps in France (1989)
- International scientific and medical recognition in the domain of diabetes treatment: President of AIDPIT (Artificial Insulin Delivery Pancreas and Islet Transplantation) in 2006-2007, a member of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)
Laurent Bocahut specializes in the financing and strategy of start-ups working on innovative materials for different applications. His expertise in this field as well as in the field of Medtechs is a major strategic asset for Defymed.
- An engineer who graduated from the École Polytechnique with a master’s degree in environmental engineering from the University of Illinois (USA)
- He began his career in the AREVA group where he held several managerial positions (2004-2008) before joining the Fond Lorrain des Matériaux as an investment manager
- Since 2015, he has been a manager at the Emertec investment fund, which specializes in the early stage financing of technologies in innovative materials, and in the European Materials Fund in particular, with a funding envelope of € 21 million
- Laurent has coordinated more than a dozen investment deals with innovative start-ups and SMEs in the east of France, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland
As a specialist in technology transfer, investment and strategic consulting, Jean-François Rax brings his enthusiasm and expertise in strategy to Defymed, which are essential requirements for its development.
- Graduate engineer from INSA Lyon
- Director of investment at Capital Grand Est since 2014, specially dedicated to the Cap Innov’Est seed fund
- Former partner with the Inserm Transfer Initiative, a seed fund specializing in early-stage investments in life sciences and human health
- Member of the strategic board of many start-ups in biotechnology
Pascal Neuville brings 20 years of scientific and entrepreneurial experience to Defymed’s strategic consultancy activities. His expertise in the development of innovative start-ups in the field of biotechnology as well as in the pharmaceutical field, is a major asset for Defymed.
- He holds a doctorate in molecular biology from the University of Strasbourg and subsequently served as assistant professor at the University of Geneva
- Previously, he was a project manager at Transgene SA and CSO then CEO of Faust Pharmaceuticals SA
- Founder and CEO of Domain Therapeutics since 2008, Pascal was also president of Alsace Biovalley between 2010 and 2014
- Member of the investment committee of SATT CONECTUS and the advisory board of Axilum Robotics